How To Do Keyword Research Like A Pro
How To Do Keyword Research Like A Pro
Keyword research is very important for SEO or search engine marketing or You can say, keyword research is the foundation of SEO. In the web, everything starts with what words you type in the search bar.
To get right kind of visitor you have to do proper keyword research. In this post I am going to discuss Types of keyword, Why Keyword Research, Keyword optimization opportunities, Keyword Research Checklist for optimizing a web page, Keyword Research Methodology, Keywords Analysis Tools, Keyword Competition Analysis, How To Do Keyword Research, Tips For Finalizing Your Keyword List, Preparation of using keywords on site.
What is Keyword?
Keywords are describing words or phrases that are divided by commas and added to the web pages. While, describing words and phrases attached to the web pages, unseen to the visitors are known as Meta tags and consist of Description. Know more about keyword from techopedia See Advanced Meta Tag Generator & Google Search Results Preview
Types of keyword
There are different types of the keywords, before starting your keyword research journey you have to know about different kind of keywords. Let’s know the different types of keywords with their definition.
- General keywords or More specific keywords: A General or More specific keyword, in the context of SEO, is a particular word or phrase that represent the contents of a Web page. It’s a sum up an entire page. Keywords help search engines match a web page to with an accurate search query it is also a part of a Web page’s metadata.
- Seed Keywords: Seed keywords are ground or principle or foundation keywords for SEO.
- Long tail keywords: Long tail keywords are those 3 and 4 keyword phrases which are very, very particular about anything you are selling. You see, when a consumer uses a highly specific search terms, they tend to be looking for specifically what they are going to purchase.
- Informative keywords: informational keywords as “keywords that cover a large topic for which there may be thousands of related results. An informative keyword means that the readers are searching for keywords that are informative to them but are not necessary for in purchase of an object.
- Buying keywords: Buying keywords are keyword phrases that people type into a search engine with the purpose of performing a purchasing action.
- Branded Non-branded keywords: Branded keywords are the search terms or keyword phrases that incorporate the brand name or a variation of the brand or company name. A non–branded keyword is a keyword that does not exist the target website’s brand name or something variation (i.e. domain name or misspelling)
- Broad Match Keywords: Broad Match is one of the keywords matching options offered by Microsoft Ad Center and Google AdWords and Yahoo! Offers the same matching option known as Advanced Match. Learn More.
- Geographical Keywords: Geographical terms are words or phrases which describe and identify natural phenomenon’s, geographical locations, spatial dimension and natural resources.
- Misspelled keywords: Many people have difficulty spelling, they do typing mistakes when to enter the keywords or simply type words in a different way, for example, the word “color” in the US is written as “Colour” in Australia. Learn More Use Typo Generator Tool to generate misspelled Keywords.
- Seasonal keywords: Eid Ut Fitr, Eid Ul Adha, Back-to-school, Blac Friday, Cyber Monday. Winter Jacket and so on.
- Meta Keywords: Meta Keywords are a particular type of meta tag that seems in the HTML code of a page and helps search engines what the topic of the page is.
- Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI): LSI Keywords are keywords that are semantically associated with your main keyword.
Why SEO’s Do Keyword Research?
SEO’s do keyword research for many reasons. I have pointed out some important reasons below:
- Keyword research is a key to almost everything you do online.
- Web pages that rank highly in search engine always have the right keyword strategy.
- The First Step is Acceptance and Research Your Audience
- Keyword Research Uncovers Secret Opportunities
- Keyword Research Saves capital
- SEO’s do keyword research To Analyze Their Competitors
- SEO’s do keyword research To Expand Their Keyword List
How to Find Seed Keywords?
A seed keyword list is your primary set of keyword ideas. Follow four steps to get the seed keywords from any industry.
1. Analysis your audience. What words does your audience use to define your products or services? What other related terms do they use in their daily lives? Look at blog posts, question-answer site, comments, forums, LinkedIn groups, and your support requests.
2. Find the search words in use now. Use Google Webmaster tools, your analytics tool, and your weblogs to see what search words people are using to get to you. If you have entrance to data on your inside site search, look at those words to see what people are looking for.
3. Get some recommendations. Soovle is a website that lets you enter a keyword and recognize what the top autocompletes are a number of various search engines and other sites. It’s not deserving running every keyword through Soovle, but you might try a couple to see if you missed anything.
4. Check out the competition. Tools such as SpyFu or SEM Rush let you see what competitors are bidding on. As with Soovle, there’s no need to spend hours on these sites. But it can be helpful to put in a few competitor names or key terms to see if there’s anything you didn’t think of.How to Expand Seed Keywords
Seed Keyword list is done. Now you have to Expand Seed Keywords. Read This guideline to expand your list.
Keyword optimization opportunities
- See the opportunities when you do site audit and start Adding Keywords to Your Site
- In Titles, Descriptions, Meta description, Meta keywords
- In Headings, Content, Image file names, Alt Text
- In URLs, Internal and external links
Keyword Research Checklist for optimizing a web page
- Start with a keyword strategy for your whole site
- Plan a structure for your site’s content
- Choose primary and secondary target keywords
- Enter your target keywords into Wordtracker to find long tail keywords, similar keywords, and related keywords. Take a free 7-day trial here.
- Write natural copy, focused on one subject, using singular, plural, similar (in meaning) and related (associated with) keywords.
- Page title tag.
- Description tag.
- Internal outbound links (to other pages on your site).
- External outbound links (to other sites).
- Image names and alt tags.
- Internal inbound links from related pages and your home page.
- External inbound links from other sites.
Read this exclusive 12 Steps To Optimize A Webpage For Organic Keywords
How To Do Keyword Research / Methodology
- Step 1: Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what you know about your business.
- Step 2: Fill in those topic buckets with keywords.
- Step 3: Research related search terms.
- Step 4: Check for a mix of head terms and long-tail keywords in each bucket.
- Step 5: See how competitors are ranking for these keywords.
- Step 6: Use the Google AdWords Keyword Planner (or HubSpot’s Keywords App) to cut down your keyword list.
Keywords Analysis Tools
- KeywordPlanner (Google)
- Long Tail Pro ( Recommended, You can do almost all type of keyword research) Read My Review about LTP
- SEMrush ( Recommended, You can do almost all type of keyword research)
- Keyword Analyzer (page analyzer keyword density tool)
- keyword difficulty ( Moz Keyword Difficulty and SERP Analysis Tool )
- keyword density ( Keyword Density Analysis Tool )
- Wordtracker ( Reveal high-performing keywords in minutes )
- Market Samurai
How to Analyze Your Competition
To analyze your competitors, you have to follow following steps:
- First Step: Install SEQuake and MozBar
- Check PageRank and Page Authority
- See Domain Authority and Brand Presence
- Then see Link Profile
- Then check On-Page SEO
- Then You Have To Check Content Quality.
There are some Free Tools for Competitor Keyword Research. Four tools are most popular.
Additional Info For Doing Competitive Keyword Analysis.
- Seek Out Your Competitors: Do it using Long Tail Pro or SEMrush
- Know What They Know
- Explore Their Territory
- Expand Your Territory
- Fortify The Margins
- Apply Your Findings
- Onward To Victory! Know Details about Additional Info For Doing Competitive Keyword Analysis. Also, read to know about negative keywords benefits for the Ad campaign.
How To Research Long Tail Keywords
To Research Long Tail Keywords follow following steps:
- “Searches Related To…”
- Search On Various Forums and Boards:“keyword” + “forum.”“keyword” + “board.”“keyword” + “powered by Vbulletin”
- Use Soovle.com to Mine Long Tail Keywords’.
- UberSuggest: Google Suggest Scraper.
- Use ScrapeBox for Keyword Suggestions.
- Google Webmaster Tools.
- Google Trends.
- Google Correlate.
- Question Answer Site, like Quora, ask.com, yahoo answer & so on.
- KeywordTool.io: To generate long tail keywords it’s an awesome tool. Get Details about How To Research Long Tail Keywords.
How to Judge the Value of a Keyword
- Google Analytics Data
- Ask Yourself Some Tough Questions
- Analyzing Competitors’ Successful Keywords
- Test Your PPC Campaign. Read it details in SEMrush blog
Long Tail Keywords Using SEMRush Or LTP
Read this awesome guideline or watch this video
e-Commerce Keyword Research
To do E-Commerce Keyword Research, ask yourself following questions
- What are people searching for to find your products/services?
- How are the products described on the website?
- Are products described on the website?
- How people describe your products both online and offline?
- How sales and marketing people describe and sell your products?
- How people naturally link out to you (i.e. anchor text of the incoming links)?
- How competitors describe their products?
- Understanding searchers’ intent and capturing it in the early stage of the buying cycle.
Here you will get details about e-Commerce Keyword Research. Also, read best 5 Tips for Dominating Your E-Commerce Keyword Research. Maximizing e-Commerce Keywords, read this article.
Localized Keyword Research
Localized Keyword Research can be done in two way:
- Using Adwords Keyword Planner
- Using Google Trends
Tips For Finalizing Your Keyword List
- Target keyword phrases instead of targeting a single keyword
- Use specifically targeted terms within the inner pages of your site rather than the homepage.
- There are three criteria’s for picking a keyword that is relevancy, traffic, and conversion. Pick the one which satisfies all these criteria’s.
- Use multiple keyword tools instead of relying on a single tool.
- Use keyword research to find out what topics you should write about and what phrases you should use while writing.
How to Write Great Content Based On Keywords
watch the video to know itmore tips on web content writing and SEO copywriting
How to check keyword position
Google Analytics is the best tool to check any keyword position in google. BTW, there are lots of good tools to check your position on google. they are as follows:
- What’s my SERP
- small SEO tools
- SEO Centro
- 5 excellent websites to check keyword ranking on google
- Allo rank
- web SEO analytics
- Read SEMrush Guide HERE
Some Pro Tips
If two or more of your competitors are targeting a certain keyword, then use keywords that are associated with it or pick the long-tailed versions of it.
Simple 5 Steps For Finding Keywords Within 5 Minutes
- Google Search: Put variations of searches in Google and capture the suggestions from them in the drop down box
- Advanced Search: Look for the ‘suggested search’ terms at the bottom of all of your searches for extra, long-tail keywords
- Wikipedia: Search through Wikipedia to find hidden keywords and highlighted anchor text you can use for yourself
- Google Correlate: Find the keywords that correlate with your keywords for added, umbrella Keywords
- Smoovle: Take the same searches you did at the start – or variations you’ve found after getting more keywords – and see what people are trying to rank for all over the internet. Chances are if they’re ranking there, they’re ranking elsewhere too. Get it details.
Ultimate Keyword Research Guide for Amazon Niche Site
Keyword Tracking and ROI
You have to follow following steps for Keyword Tracking and ROI.
- Gather your data
- Keyword Data
- Strength of your Preferred URLs
- Competition URLs by Keyword
- Strength of Competition URLs
- Analyze the Data by Keyword
- Calculate your potential opportunity Get the details HERE
Best Free Keyword Research Tools For 2019:
- SEMRUSH <14-Day Free Trial (worth $199)>
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer tool. Ahrefs is one of the most popular keyword tools out there.
- Google Keyword Planner <Free>
- LongTailPro <$30 Discount>
- Uber Suggest.
- Keywords Everywhere
Still, have questions? Or want to get a call?
Just fill-up the contact form or call us at +88 01716 988 953 or +88 01912 966 448 to get a free consultancy from our expert or you can directly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would be happy to answer you.
MahbubOsmane.com’s Exclusive Services
Now it’s your time to say something. Everyone has their style and tricks for conducting keyword research. Share your method in the comments or tell me if you have any suggestions to improve the written.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Advertisement (1)
- Affiliate Marketing (3)
- AI & IOT (1)
- Amazon Affiliate (4)
- Blogging (2)
- Books (1)
- Business Development (2)
- Career (13)
- Digital Marketing (10)
- Digital Tools (7)
- Domain & Hosting (5)
- Drop Shipping (1)
- Email Marketing (1)
- Extensions (1)
- Fashion (1)
- Freebies (1)
- Freelancer (2)
- Internet Marketing (1)
- Interview (1)
- Lifestyle (1)
- Link Building (2)
- Make Money (3)
- Mobile Application (1)
- Payment Method (1)
- Personal Development (2)
- SEO (17)
- Show All (1)
- SMM (2)
- Software (1)
- Travel (1)
- Web Development (1)
- WordPress Theme (2)